Chapter 9: Of Mice and Tom Hanks

Lead wandered. What else to do, but walk? Hunger, and walk. Ache ache ache, left right left. His rifle lay useless in his hands, his feet stepped unsure and careless. The old dog wanders off to die, how was he any different? How was he any different then the old, world weary dog with nothing to gain or lose? He stepped over the ash and under the rebar but he went nowhere, he just walked. He was not lost. How could he? How can you be lost when you have nowhere to go? He was not lost in the physical sense, but in the mental. She was gone. Truly, truly truly gone. Even the best laid plans of mice and men go astray.
He had traveled for miles. Cafes, coffee shops, bookstores, pawn joints, McDonald's... He recognized buildings as he walked, if only subconsciously. "I just felt like running..." He thought, thinking of Forrest... Forrest... Oh god. "I'm forgetting myself again". He stopped with that thought, sturdying himself again. Forrest Gump, was the name of the movie. Starring Tom Hanks. An inky sadness clogged him. Is he okay? Who is okay?
Where is my family?! What about my friends, my coach, my mom, my sisters, Uncle...
Where is Tom Hanks? I want Tom Hanks. I want my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment